Transit DriverFond du Lac Reservation
The Transit Driver provides transportation for Fond du Lac residents to and from locations designated by the customer as well as daily trips to Duluth and other duties, responsibilities, or events assigned by the Community Transportation Director.
- If applicant does not possess a Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement at time of hire; they must receive the Class B CDL License with a passenger endorsement within 3 months of hire date. Employment is contingent upon this requirement.
- Ability to physically assist customers as necessary is required.
- The incumbent must immediately report any change in the status of their driver’s license to the supervisor, and the personnel office.
- Ability to operate an automatic and manual transmission is required.
- First aid and CPR training is desired.
- Knowledge of locations and addresses in the local community is desired.
- Operates Reservation bus on assigned routes to transport customers to and from destination.
- Operates Reservation bus on an on-demand transportation system to transport customers to and from destinations.
- Greets customers as they board and depart the bus. If necessary, assists customers on and off the bus.
- Responds to general requests for information.
- Keeps the bus interior clean.
- Conducts proper daily pre-trip inspections of the bus. Coordinates the use of other Fond du Lac vehicles when the bus is in for repairs and unavailable.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for customer comfort.
- Complete reports in the prescribed manner.
- Be knowledgeable of bus driver’s manual contents.
Native American Preference.