Class A Professional Driver/ Owner Operator
We are seeking Truck Drivers to join our Transportation team in Sacramento, Hayward, and Fontana. Our trucks cover mostly the dedicated routes within California. Our drivers are mostly home if not daily then every other day.
A Truck Driver’s most important duty is the safe operation of a 3-axle tractor, pulling a 50-foot trailer, to deliver for our dedicated routes. Additionally, Drivers are responsible to:
• Use paper log books/ ELDs
• Complete vehicle and trailer safety inspections
• Hook tractor to loaded trailer
• Other related duties
• California Driver’s License, Class A
• Must complete safety driving test and certification requirements
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical ability test, drug screening, and background check
• Current Medical Card
• Prefer Double trailer endorsement
Why G T Logistics?
• Weekends off
• Home Daily or every other day**
Night time driving mostly. Drivers work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Work hours comply with the Revised Hours-of-Service Regulations set forth in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under the U.S. Dept. of Transportation (D.O.T.) Drivers are classified as Interstate. Interstate drivers work under the 7/60 rule, drive 11 hours in a 14-hour duty period. Shifts and routes are open for bid by seniority, annually. However, a driver may bid two additional times per year if other routes become available. A local route may consist of one long run of 100+ miles round trip or 2 to 4 short runs less than 100 miles.
• *Most routes are local while some are lay over routes requiring the driver to sleep over.