Shop AssistantGCH Tool
GCH Tool Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of new spare parts and components for centerless, ID, OD, double disc and surface grinders, is seeking a hands-on, full-time shop assistant for its Warren, MI, global headquarters. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a solid company.
• Provide general assistance around the shop, including administrative and technical tasks.
• Knowledge of hand and power tools, cleaning, lifting, sawing, grinding, and able to use electric pallet jacks and possibly forklifts.
• Participates in day-to-day running of the shop.
• Ability to use computers and other office equipment.
• Mechanical aptitude and dexterity
• High school diploma or GED
• Use and read micrometers, calipers, dial indicators
• Experience reading blueprints and assembly drawings
• Handle the demands of working under deadlines
• Must be very detail-oriented, highly organized, self-motivated, friendly, reliable, and use good judgment
• Work/communicate effectively in close working environment
• Excellent attendance history
Benefits include: 401k plan, paid vacations, health care, etc.