CDL Class A DriversGLEAN ALSTON
CDL Class A Drivers
We are looking for full-time experienced CDL Class A Drivers to transport clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner.
• Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
• Load and unload cargo.
• Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
• Take orders for new delivers.
• Drive long distances.
• Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
• Report incidents encountered on the road.
• Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
• Follow all applicable traffic laws.
• Inspect trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects found.
• Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
• Keep a log of your activities.
• Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
• Keep your truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
• Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
• Get goods to client on time.
• Take rest periods during trip.
• Transport hazardous materials.
• Take special precautions while driving.
• Maintain log of trips.
• Proven experience as a Driver
• A valid driver's license
• A clean driving record
• Familiarity with GPS devices
• Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
• Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
• Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
• A polite and professional disposition
• Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
• A high school diploma