Gold Coast Transit District (CA) invites applications for the position of: Bus Operator
$19.87 - $27.91 Hourly
04/30/21 11:59 PM
A bus operator is responsible for the safe operation of a passenger bus on an assigned route and on schedule.
- Maintain a pleasant, courteous and helpful attitude toward the public at all times.
- Drive with due regard to the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Answer questions regarding bus routes and time schedules of the Gold Coast Transit District system.
- Collect fares.
- Report equipment deficiencies using prescribed forms and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Considerable skill in the operation of motor vehicles; knowledge of California Department of Motor Vehicle Rules and Regulations governing operation of public passenger carrying vehicles; the ability to establish and maintain courteous, effective relations and work harmoniously with others; the ability to prepare clear and legible report and mathematical calculations. Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of three years of safe driving are also required. Minimum 21 years of age
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A VALID Class B Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain one, is required.
This position is classified as safety sensitive and subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing, under Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) drug and alcohol regulation. In order for the application to be considered for employment both Notice of Drug and Alcohol Testing for Safety-Sensitive Positions and Authorization for Release of Information-49 CFR Part 40 Drug and Alcoohol Testing will need to be attached to your application. Please click here to download: