Driver - Regional OTR
Our Truck Drivers are the single most essential position in our company. They are the face of the company and must interact with dispatchers, fellow drivers and customers in a courteous, respectful manner. They report directly to their dispatchers who are overseen by the Director of Transportation. Drivers are hired based on the need of the company to perform routes that are subject to change based skill level, hours of service and the needs of our customers.
- Transport materials in a safe, efficient manner based on Goulet Trucking requirements from origin to destination as scheduled.
- Monitor trucks and trucking equipment and report any service needs to the Director of Maintenance
- Maintain contact with dispatch for any schedule additions/diversions/breakdowns
- Work Monday-Friday
- Ability to perform duties at various job sites including but not limited to landfills, transfer stations, and wastewater treatment facilities
- Ability to work in various weather conditions while driving and loading/unloading trailers
- Ability to maximize Federal legal logbook hours to complete dispatch
- Ability to haul permitted overweight loads
- Ability to operate both manual and electric trailer tarps
- Ability to perform light manual labor such as shoveling/sweeping out trailers, lining trailers
- Work independently following safety procedures
- Must be familiar with FMCSA rules and regulations and comply with DOT regulations
- Maintain a Class A, CDL license. CDL with Hazmat Preferred
- Maintain a valid medical card obtained at an approved facility and certified with driver's DMV.
- Two years of Class A driving experience is required, or one year of permitted overweight hauling
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to stay focused in a high stress environment
- Ability to load and unload trucks as needed
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Goulet Trucking reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).