Gravette Public Schools
Reports To: Facilities/Transportation Director
Evaluated By: Facilities/Transportation Director
Contract Length: 184 days
Hourly Wage: Based on existing pay scale for position.
School bus drivers have an extremely important job and responsibility. From the time your bus makes the first stop on your route until the last passenger disembarks, the safety of someone else’s child is in your hands. Safety is more important than keeping schedules or relationships with parents. It affects every aspect of your career as a driver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the bus in such a manner that proper care is given the bus and passengers at all times.
- Start your route on time each morning so that you will operate the bus at a safe speed and arrive at school on time.
- Do not change your route without proper authorization from the Facilities/Transportation Director.
- Drivers are to perform a Pre-Trip Inspection and Student check before and after each route.
- Maintain student discipline on your bus.
- Keep your bus clean and fueled.
- Remain on the bus while waiting on students. If you have to leave the bus for any reason be sure that the parking brake is on, the engine off, and key is in your pocket.
- Driver must wear seat belt at all times.
- Do not allow students off the bus unless approved stop, or without a written note from the transportation or school office.
- Do not move the bus until all students are seated and facing forward.
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants are to have a class B CDL, a school bus endorsement, air brake endorsement, passenger endorsement. Applicants must pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug and background check before being eligible for employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. In case of an emergency the employee must be able to lift up to 75 lbs and push or pull up to 100 lbs.