Local Truck DriverGreat Plains Food Bank
Accountable to: Director of Operations
Employment Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Local Truck Driver is responsible for driving a light truck to deliver and pick up donations to charitable agencies in an effort to reduce hunger across the state. This position is responsible for handling, storing, processing and distributing donated food products in and around a specific service area. In collaboration with the Warehouse Manager, this position will work within the warehouse to process orders and ensure facility cleanliness in accordance with the American Institute of Baking (AIB) accreditation standards. The Local Truck Driver is responsible for ensuring inventory tracking and that product is delivered timely and safely
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Route Delivery - Drive vehicle for the purpose of transporting products to/from specified destinations; Ensure the safe operation and proper loading of assigned vehicle; Operate forklift and utilize other equipment/tools to load/unload orders; Identify and plan safe routes to ensure economical use of time and equipment; Pick up and deliver product to charitable organizations; Ensure orders and product are processed in accordance with standards; Inspect products; Load and unload product; Ensure inventory matches intake and order paperwork; and Maintain logs and temperature reports of picked up and delivered product. Delivers backpacks to area schools in Fargo and Moorhead on a weekly basis.
Vehicle Maintenance/Inspection - Inspect vehicles daily to ensure proper working condition; ; Report issues/needs to supervisor; Perform light vehicle maintenance duties, including fluid checks; Ensure proper fueling and cleanliness; and Complete proper inspection and maintenance paperwork for reporting purposes.
Warehouse Work - Assist with shipping/receiving of orders including loading and unloading of trucks; Deliver orders from warehouse floor or refrigerator/freezer section; Pick cooler product to deliver to agencies on a daily basis using FIFO process of inventory control; and Sweep, dust or mop warehouse to ensure cleanliness and orderliness in accordance with standards and regulations. .
Reporting/Paperwork - Complete logs/driving paperwork as required; File order pick up/drop off inventory sheets; Maintain records of merchandise loaded and unloaded and distributed; Keep accurate inventory and item weights to ensure conformance to procedures; and Complete other paperwork as needed/required.
Other - Establish and maintain effective, courteous relationships with employees, supervisors, clients, vendors, and the general public; Attend meetings and trainings as required; and Other duties as assigned.
No supervisory Authority
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
Daily contact both internally and externally. The purpose of the contact is to give and receive explanations, interest information or documents, and make inquiries. Routine interpersonal skills and tact is necessary to communicate with others. Non-routine inquires and/or complaints are referred to others.
Work tasks are defined requiring the ability to follow instructions or established practices. Requires initiative to solve problems and make routine decisions. Problems are referred to a supervisor/manager. Supervision and/or guidance are readily available as and when required.
INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT / DECISION MAKING
Work is carried out within clearly defined rules and procedures involving decisions chosen from a range of established alternatives. Decisions have a material effect on the internal operations of a department or an individual.
WORK COMPLEXITY/BUDGET AUTHORITY
Job duties are varied requiring knowledge of many work tasks. Moderate judgment is used to prioritize tasks and seek out resources related to policies and procedures. Will process transactions as needed.
- Discernment/Judgment - Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating risk, resources, and available courses of action.
- Crisis Management - Performs jobs in a manner that minimizes hazards to oneself, others, and the environment.
- Adaptability - Changes behavior style or method of approach to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the situation. Responds to change with positivity and with willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Diversity - Supports and promotes an environment that holds opportunities for all, regardless of race, gender, culture, and age.
- Caring - Demonstrates responsibility for the image and effectiveness of the organization.
- Professionalism - Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved; Monitors and checks work or information and plans.
- Technical Expertise - Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result effectively.
- Communication - Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly throughout the organization. Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas both in the written form and orally.
- Reliability - Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of position.
- Service - Demonstrates a strong commitment to meeting the needs of co-workers and internal and external customers.
- Continuous Learning - Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to perform position more effectively.
- Collaboration - Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group and working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Problem Solving - Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manages the situation at hand by drawing on knowledge and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma required
- Prior experience in driving a light delivery vehicle and/or warehouse work preferred
- DOT Medical Card
- Forklift Certification required within 60 days of employment
- Valid Class D License
- Up to 80% daily travel within a specific regional market.
- Significant requirement to exert intense physical effort with a consistent need to lift and bend. Exertion may require pushing, pulling and/or carrying greater than 50 lbs. requiring some physical discomfort.
- May require unusual environmental stress such as working at great heights or under extreme outdoor weather conditions.
- Safety precautions are required.
- Usually normal concentration and deadlines with periodic periods of sustained deadline pressure. Work may involve changing problems, circumstances or demand.
- Work potentially involves some risk to personal safety of injury, illness or health arising from the environment or the public/clients.
This position is open for our Fargo location.
Pay rate is $13.50 to $15.50/hour.
Please click on "Apply" to apply today!