Transportation/Truck DriverHelena Chemical Company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Loads and unloads products to and from truck. Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Transports products by driving truck over required route to proper destination applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires including making emergency roadside repairs if necessary. Follows maintenance schedule for having truck serviced and reports any maintenance malfunctions to appropriate supervisor.
- Operates a forklift and other machinery as necessary.
- Performs general warehouse duties upon completing delivery route or in off-season.
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- May maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass a substance abuse screening, and as a safety sensitive employee, is subject to random substance abuse screening and a mandatory post-accident screening.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, one year related work experience.
Other Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to operate a forklift including a spider forklift if applicable.
- Commercial driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsement
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer an excellent working environment and an outstanding compensation and benefits package.
Helena Chemical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.