$16.57/hour to start / $21.42/hour after 90 days
Effectively operates, makes minor repairs and efficient changeovers of production equipment.
- • High School diploma or GED
- • At least 1 year of relevant work experience
- • Ability and willingness to work
- • Friday, Saturday & Sunday – 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am
- • Monday to Friday – 3pm to 11pm or
- • Sunday to Thursday – 11pm to 7am
Job Title: Operations Technician
Travel Required?: No Travel
Date: Oct 22, 2020
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people.
If you’re interested in work that matters, fueled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply for our Operations Technician position for our Topeka, Kansas manufacturing facility.
The Operations Technician is responsible for the effective operation, repair and changeovers of production equipment. This position will work with others to achieve factory business objectives of safety, productivity, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection. The primary accountabilities of the role include safety compliance, daily production, quality and sanitization procedures, equipment maintenance procedures, data collection, housekeeping, problem solving and continuous improvement as part of a work team. The Operations Technician works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Operates, monitors, and performs changeovers and maintenance of automated and manual equipment throughout the production facility through computer terminals, control panels and/or by manual means.
- Develops and maintains production schedules to ensure production systems are managed in an effective, reliable and efficient manner.
- Unloads materials and supplies from delivery vehicles and delivers those materials and supplies to storage and production areas as needed.
- Performs quality sampling and statistical process control activities both manually and through computer keyboard throughout the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs and other maintenance on production equipment, supported by maintenance personnel as needed.
- Prepares and loads finished product for shipping using SAP software system and working with local warehouse and distribution network employees.
- Operates forklift, robotic palletizer, stretch wrapper & other warehousing equipment.
- Performs Housekeeping activities as per established protocol and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments per requirement.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EOHS requirements.
- Understands and is accountable for following all Quality, GMP, AIB and Micro [C&S Guidelines] standards and guidelines.
- Works with other employees and management on continuous improvement projects and process design.
- Meets business needs by flexing scheduled work hours or contributing additional work hours when needed.
- Understands and complies with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety.
- Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Willing and able to lift up to 55 lbs repeatedly.
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety and EOHS standards, and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment.
- 1 year minimum of relevant experience
- Technical college/vocational school certificate or Associates degree in Manufacturing-related area preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing technical issues.
- Food safety experience.
- Fork Lift experience.
- Experience with SAP.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer/computer systems.
- Tolerance for food processing smells and a dusty, non-climate controlled work environment.
- Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas
- Manufacturing and/or military experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.