CDL Truck Driver
Inland Environmental Resources seeks a dependable and efficient CDL Tanker driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience are preferred. Additional welding and mechanical skills a plus.
Excellent pay and benefits
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, typically 8-4, paid major holidays off, paid vacation.
- Home most nights, mostly local deliveries, 1-2 overnight loads per month.
- Competitive bi-monthly salary
- Retirement: 401K with matching up to 4%
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance offered.
- Company provided cell phone
CDL Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch and management as needed
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Load and unload tankers, utilizing pumps, filters and other equipment as needed.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
CDL Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL Class A) required
- Tanker endorsement
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful, High level of composure and good stress management
- Some mechanical skills preferred