DriverInverness Home Care Agency
Asbury is a not-for-profit organization that provides life-enhancing services for older adults and management services for organizations in the aging services field. We offer wellness-focused living, home care and health care services in a financially secure environment, fulfilling our spiritual charge, charitable purpose and mission to do all the good we can. Asbury operates eight senior communities in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Oklahoma and provides home care services for older adults in the surrounding regions. Asbury doesn't offer "jobs," we offer careers.
We don't just "hire" people, we select associates. We are proud to be an organization that constantly strives to make a positive difference in the lives of many. Asbury offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay and benefits, a generous paid time off program and other personal and family-friendly programs.
As a driver, you are expected to maintain regular contact with Transportation Office by notifying them of any trips added en-route and adding, canceling, or adjusting trips as directed, answers all radio calls in timely fashion and monitors radio at all times while in vehicle, and report all activity. Also, you are expected to transport residents to medical appointments per assigned schedule, assists residents into and out of vehicle and wheelchairs and assists wheelchair bound residents between vehicle and destination, and load and unload required ancillary equipment (e.g. wheelchairs and walkers).
This is a PRN (On Call/As Needed) position. Flexible hours
- Receives and follows maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established maintenance policies and procedures.
- Never leaves vehicle running or leaves keys in vehicle while unattended.
- Obeys all speed limits and traffic and parking control devices, on or off campus.
- Operates vehicle only on established roadways and restricts use to official business.
- Reports to manager any accident involving, or damage to, vehicle in a timely fashion.
- Prior to end of shift, ensures that vehicle contains a minimum fuel level of 3/4 -tank and properly completes and submits fuel charge receipts.
- Ensures that vehicle radio is functioning and monitored at all times and that radio use is limited to appropriate business communications.
- Volunteers for fair share of after-hour field trips and also accepts assignment for non-volunteered after-hour field trips.
- Ensures that pick-up of all residents has been arranged prior to end of shift.
- Accepts last-minute extra hours assignments to accommodate resident needs.
- Accepts and records appointment information on appropriate form.
- Properly and fully completes all Bus Trip Sheets and Vehicle Inspection Sheets as assigned.
- Fully executes Daily Vehicle inspection procedures at beginning of each shift.
Education Required High School or better.
Experience Required 1 year: Stable work experience as a professional driver transporting passengers
Licenses & Certifications
Required Commercial Driver License