CDL Truck Drivers
1. Handle or move live turkeys in an acceptable, humane and safe manner as per J-OTS Animal welfare statement.
2. Perform pre-operational inspection of spotter tractor(s)
3. Report head count of each completed lot to Scheduling Department.
4. Ensure all trailers are properly scaled before processing.
5. Ability to lift frequently overhead to cover and uncover trailers.
6. Process trailers in scheduled sequence by lot, by first loaded, first processed, unless instructed otherwise by your supervisor.
7. Stage trailers for maximum beneficial use of cooling shed.
8. Maximize comfort of birds while in your care.
9. Maintain Cooling Shed in fully operational condition.
10. Count and record accurate D.O.A. head count by trailer.
11. Comply with U.S.D.A. requirements for denaturing D.O.A.’s.
12. Spot By-Products trailers as requested.
13. Ensure scale is kept free of snow/ice build up.
14. Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
15. Ensure spotting tractors are housed/plugged in during cold weather
1. Ability to lift 40 – 50 pound birds occasionally.
2. Ability to drive and back a yard tractor and trailer into tight bays safely.
3. Ability to read schedules and write lot reports and vehicle inspection reports.
4. Ability to operate an electronic scaler.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with drivers, Scheduling, plant personnel, and others on a daily basis.
6. Able to work in upper Midwest outdoor environment year round.
7. Physical ability to hook and unhook trailers, including cranking landing gear up and down, throughout the shift.
8. Able to work without direct supervision the majority of the time.
9. Class A CDL with combination vehicle and air brake endorsements
10. Ability to withstand below zero temperatures daily
11. Able to read and write English
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an EO employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled