Driver (Class A CDL)
Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. (www.kokosing.biz) is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors. Kokosing's services include the construction of highways, bridges, asphalt and concrete pavement, and underground utilities. For 70 years, Kokosing has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards. With over $800 million in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing Construction Company, Inc. is the winning team.
We are seeking a Class A CDL Driver (Heavy Haul/Lowboy) for delivery of heavy equipment and materials to projects located in/near Richmond, VA, Northern VA/DC/Maryland, and the Tidewater region of VA (Chesapeake/Norfolk/Newport News).
APPLY ONLINE: https://kokosing-jobs.sabacloud.com/Saba/Web_spf/NA3P1PRD0045/jobs-jobs/career/searchresult/
Operates commercial vehicle (gross vehicle weight over 26,000lbs) and non-commercial vehicle (gross vehicle weight less than 26,000lbs) to transport heavy equipment, materials, supplies, etc. to and from yard and jobsites by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle to check fluid levels, gauges, tires, lights, mirrors, and general overall condition.
2. Complete minor service to vehicle (i.e. air in tires, replace bulbs, fuses).
3. Receives written or oral instructions from supervisor regarding materials/supplies to be transported.
4. Drives in a safe and responsible manner, obeying state and local traffic laws.
5. Load and unload vehicle. Secure/tie down loads.
6. Complete mileage logs, log sheets (where they went), transfer sheets (what was picked up/delivered)
Two to four years related experience and/or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Tanker & Hazmat endorsements preferred, must have clear driving record, and Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examiner’s Certificate (a.k.a. DOT Medical Card). Must pass driver performance test.
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.