Route Delivery Driver
Job Title: Route Delivery Driver
Reports to: Branch Manager
Load, unload, and transport products/cylinders in a safe, timely manner while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Successful drivers are polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our customers with an excellent experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely Load and unload vehicle with specified products/cylinders for delivery
- Deliver products to customers while abiding by load safety, DOT and general safe driving guidelines. • Inventory truck in and out each day
- Complete the orderly product loading of vehicles which ensures the efficient use of time and scheduling of delivery routes Maintain records and logs related to deliveries and vehicle maintenance • Obtain appropriate signatures to verify receipt of items delivered
- Follow all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations including maintaining all DOT physicals & drug screens required to maintain CDL
- Operate assigned vehicle safely and efficiently
- Maintain the proper cleanliness of assigned vehicles and carefully complete pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Perform routine maintenance & servicing of vehicle
- Report major repairs, service needs, incidents, or accidents to proper authorities • Perform as back-up for other route drivers
- Assist with such other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Class B CDL
- Hazmat endorsement (or ability to obtain)
- Able to move or lift products (up to 75 lbs.) and materials of varied sizes and weights • Knowledge of safe driving practices and traffic laws
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Clean driving record and ability to pass drug testing and background check requirements