DIESEL TRUCK MECHANICLanter Distributing
DIESEL TRUCK MECHANIC
Lanter Distrusting is seeking a Diesel Truck Mechanic will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
- Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
- Be able to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment
- Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required by location management
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the overhaul of refrigeration components required
- ASE Certification preferred
- Current CDL A license preferred
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment is required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org