Logistics and Transportation CoordinatorLennard Ag Co.
LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lennard Ag Company is a family owned and operated farm since 1947 incorporating state-ofthe
art process and technology with a modern fl eet of equipment and the latest management
practices for growing potatoes, tomatoes, and grain crops in southern Michigan and northern
Indiana. Now in its third generation of ownership and management, Lennard Ag continues its
legacy – building a strong business and profi table production through innovation, growth and
commitment. Innovation, Growth and Commitment characterize the dedication Lennard Ag
Company continues to bring to each initiative, each fi eld, and each person every year of their
long-standing family farming operation.
This position will monitor, maintain and execute on supply planning and logistics to ensure
our products get from farm to processor fl awlessly. Directly working with our Operations
Manager and partner with teams across the organization to initiate, organize, and participate
in continuous supply chain improvement activities, including managing and helping to build out
our operational infrastructure.
• Logistics - Ownership over carrier relationships and setting up new carriers
• Supply chain planning - Oversee detailed demand, and delivery plans
• In-bound / Out-bound - Manage the movement of freight across all facilities.
• Vendor relations - Develop a good rapport with our Freight vendors
• Strategic thinking - Recommend and execute on logistical improvements
• Communication - Communicate potential delays or issues to Operations team and Customers.
• Leadership - Jump in wherever else is needed within the Operations and Logistics team
• 3+ years of operations, supply chain or highly-analytical work experience. Ideally 1+ year
focused on freight and transportation management
• Start-up experience also a plus
• Strong quantitative skills and competency working with large sets of data in Excel
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively to improve processes and solve problems
• Critical thinkers with the ability to listen, read and react, and effectively communicate change
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Enthusiasm to take ownership and manage a project independently from end to end
• Willingness to work nights, weekends or holidays if hiccups in fulfillment or delivery arise
Competitive wage and benefit package including company paid health,
dental, vision, short term disability insurance and 80 hours paid time off.
Interested candidates please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.