Transportation Utility WorkerLodi Unified School
Transportation Utility Worker at Transportation. Closing Date: October 23, 2018 $17.10 20.78 per hour. Service and perform maintenance on school buses and other motor vehicles.
Individual positions may not perform all of the duties listed nor do these examples include all responsibilities of positions in this class.
- Rebuild window frames and channels; install glass, including windshields.
- Lubricate bus chassis; change oil and filters as needed.
- Assist in general maintenance and custodial duties in shop.
- Inspect and service motorized equipment; inspect and fill master brake cylinders.
- Inspect operation of lighting and electrical systems and make necessary minor repairs.
- Change plugs, points and condensers; check and correct timing.
- Inspect and report defective equipment or parts.
- Charge batteries.
- Assist in pulling, cleaning and overhauling engines, transmissions and rear ends.
- Make emergency runs to assist with breakdowns and malfunctions on the road.
- Repair and weld seat frames; recover damaged seat upholstery.
- Assist with body and paint work.
- Steam clean motors as assigned.
- Maintain related records as required.
- Drive school buses and other vehicles as necessary.
- Assist Mechanics as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge And Abilities:
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of automotive equipment, including buses, trucks, automobiles and other mechanical equipment.
- Safe work practices.
- Use hand tools.
- Assist in locating and diagnosing mechanical defects.
- Perform automotive preventive maintenance and assist in repair work.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Read directions for minor repairs.
Education And Experience:
- Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma or equivalent, experience in general maintenance and repair work and repair of automotive equipment including buses, trucks, and automobiles.
Licenses And Other Requirements:
- Valid California driver's license.
- Incumbents in this position are required to supply standard automotive mechanic hand tools.
- Shop environment.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Noise and fumes from equipment operation.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate assigned tools and equipment.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Working around and with machinery having moving parts.