Equipment Operator I / Truck DriverLOWER MAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP
Equipment Operator I / Truck Driver
Lower Makefield Township is accepting applications for the position of Equipment Operator I/Truck Driver in the Public Works Department. This is a full-time position with benefits. Starting salary is $53,955 with a deadline date of March 22, 2019.
Performs routine manual work with hand tools on maintenance and construction projects. Duties cover a wide variety of activities, including truck driving.
• Patches Township roads surfaces and repave roads in need of repair, using various hand tools.
• Installs and paints guard rails and barricades. Paints lines on road surfaces.
• Digs drainage ditches, cleans out culverts and storm sewer drains, fills in washouts.
• Assists in the installation, repair and painting of all Township properties.
• Sprays pesticide for weed control in township right of way.
• Assists Police & Fire Departments in accident and fire clean up.
• Performs miscellaneous concrete and carpentry work.
• Assists in Township Leaf Collection Operation.
• Must be available for regularly scheduled work hours and emergency overtime hours as needed.
• Cuts grass and weed on Township property and roadsides using hand tools and mower.
• Cleans and maintains Township machinery and equipment as needed.
• Drives truck with plow and spreader during snow emergencies.
• Aids in erecting, painting and maintaining street and road signs.
• Performs routine building maintenance on Township facilities.
• Performs other miscellaneous maintenance functions as required.
• Valid PA Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred or must obtain one within six months of employment.
• Three years experience in road maintenance.
• Must possess or must be able to obtain valid PA Department of Agriculture Pesticide Certification.
• Understand and follow instructions.
• Withstand prolonged exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Operate motor vehicles, trucks or motorized equipment for long periods of time.
• Lift and carry 50 pounds or more; push and pull up to 50 pounds.
• Hand shovel, sweeps, and rakes at 15 to 30 minutes intervals, for as long as eight hours.
• Stretch, crawl, climb, recline, balance, kneel and perform fine manipulation occasionally.
• Ability to work with others and effectively communicates with the public.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of assigned truck including its daily maintenance and cleaning.