Starting pay at 17.25/hour with potential for onboarding bonus for qualifying candidates
Drives bus, motor coach, or paratransit vehicles, including regular route operations, paratransit, charters, and/or private carriage. Communicates with and assists passengers. May collect fares, tickets, or passes. In paratransit operation, may assist riders to and from the door of their origin/destination and may assist passengers with up to two packages weighing no more than 50 pounds.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
1. Successfully performs scheduled manifest by picking up all clients and delivering to their destination safely and within a reasonable time frame
2. Fills out appropriate paperwork recording passengers, miles, fuel used and other necessary operating data
3. Disseminates and collects passenger surveys as needed.
4. Ensures the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on board restraints
5. Communicates effectively with dispatch on central office personnel via two-way radio.
6. Maintains a safe work area and focus of safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self, other employees and passengers.
7. Documents thoroughly the course of the day, including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
8. Operates communications equipment according to prescribed FCC rules and regulations.
9. Collects passenger ridership and fare box revenue as prescribed by MAX procedures.
10. Performs a pre-and post-vehicle inspection, and records any physical deficiencies on required form, making sure signature is included.
11. Regular and Predictable Attendance
12. Ability to handle stress.
13. Ability to get along with others
14. Ability to work independently
15. The ability to stay awake.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Wears and maintains prescribed MAX uniforms, and maintains a clean, well groomed appearance at all times.
2. Must be punctual, and report to duty in the prescribed manner.
3. Records "IN" and "OUT" on Daily Trip report prior to or following completion of daily work assignments.
4. Participates in training programs as directed and meets MAX standards and procedures.
5. Reports all incidents and accidents and completes required forms for same following MAX procedures.
6. Performs other bus driving duties as assigned by the Operations Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, or Supervisors.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Keeps emotions under control.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment; Treats people with respect.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Professionalism - Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees. Follows through on commitments.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Training to successfully test for a commercial drivers license with passenger and air brake endorsement.
3. Previous professional driving experience preferred, but not required.
4. Previous customer service experience, experience working with persons with disabilities and/or senior citizen groups preferred, but not required.
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
2. Bi-lingual skills (English /Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives, and systems staff.
1. Ability to navigate the service area through the use of maps and/or onboard directional equipment
1. Functional knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
2. Knowledge of Windows-based computer operating systems.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
1. Must possess a Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Class B with Air Brake endorsement.
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Must have knowledge of traffic codes, rules, regulations and operate vehicles in a safe manner in full compliance with local and state traffic laws and ordinances.
2. Must be responsible and capable of operating lift and/or ramp equipped vehicles.
1. Safe driving record, with no more than two (2) moving violations in the last three years; no more than one (1) accident (at fault with ticket issued) in the last three years; no violations in the past seven years for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while impaired, leaving the scene of an accident, and/or reckless driving.
2. No violations or convictions for any of the following: negligent homicide; manslaughter; any felony; any rape or criminal sexual conduct offense; any child abuse or child molestation offense; fleeing an officer.
3. Clean criminal history.
4. Knowledge of the Max transit service area.
5. Must be able to pass the Department of Transportation physical necessary to possess a CDL.
1. Job requires the following physical activities: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, loading, unloading, driving.
Job requires planned restroom stops; drivers may not stop for rest breaks other than scheduled stops
MAX is an equal opportunity employer.
Web Id: 0010093558