DISPATCHER – Industry Leading 401(k) - McLane Company
Monday night through Friday night, 3rd shift.
Our support teammates have spirit, sincerity and a dedication to service and we’re looking for more of it.
Are you looking for a fast-paced job and a great team with an industry leader? McLane Company in Northfield, MN is looking for qualified candidates to join our team. Apply now and ROLL WITH US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Interpret and monitor compliance for policies, regulations and best practices for the driver population including (logging hours of service regulations, delivery and credit policies, etc.).
• Fill routes based on driver availability daily using the standby and extra board lists and then develop and update driver and driver helper dispatch schedule daily.
• Provides input on hiring, firing, and performance of a large population of drivers.
• Set up daily tractor/trailer assignments for drivers.
• Provide work direction for a large group of drivers on a daily basis. May be the only person providing direction during certain times.
• Provide daily contact for customers, especially in the evening when customer service is not available. This includes resolving driver/store conflicts.
• Provides guidance for drivers to waiver from company policies or best practices (i.e. a customer wants to make a return outside company policy).
• Prepare daily records, communications, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports and Department of Transportation (DOT) files.
• Complete transportation paperwork including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps etc.
• Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
• Verify equipment "readiness" with Transportation Shop.
• Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
• Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
• Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with drivers, customers and managers.
McLANE SUPPORT TEAMMATES ENJOY:
•Great Starting Pay
•Industry Leading 401(k) with Company Match
•Generous Benefits Package
•Holiday Pay after 90 Days
•Company Paid Life Insurance
•$55,000 range DOE
A teammate in this position must:
•Have High School Diploma.
•College degree preferred.
•Be able to rapidly gain knowledge of mainframe computer applications relating to record keeping and scheduling.
•Have experience in Windows environment on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook programs (preferred).
•Have map reading abilities.
•Have effective communication skills.
•Have adequate math and writing skills.
•Have a minimum of 3 years in similar function (preferred).
•Previous work experience or recent college graduate.
•Click for more information or to apply online
McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs close to 22,000 teammates, operates 80 distribution centers and owns one of the nation’s largest private fleets.
McLane Company is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled