CDL Class A Truck Drivers
Mervis Industries is hiring Local CDL Class A Truck Drivers out of Decatur, IL. With over 90 years in the scrap recycling business, Mervis has evolved to much more than a scrap recycling center. The employee in this position must operate a tractor-trailer, operate a straight truck, spot roll-off boxes, spot trailers, and perform the daily maintenance that is necessary for the peak performance of the truck. The position may also require the driver to perform pick-ups as well as deliveries at a variety of locations and assist in the operation of equipment in the yard.
• Operate tractor-trailer and straight truck, according to state laws and observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
• Operate roll-off controls and couple and un-couple roll-off boxes.
• Make pick-ups and deliveries.
• Climb loads for inspection of scrap material, and covering loads with a tarp as necessary.
• Spot roll-off boxes, dumpsters, and trailers.
• Maintains any related paperwork and records.
• Maintain equipment used in the performance of the job and reports any maintenance malfunctions to management.
• Obtains the proper shipping documents with necessary signatures and returns the completed paperwork to the office.
CDL Class A Driver Needed:
• Must have 2 years full time verifiable like-type vehicle including a tractor-trailer.
• No positive drug or alcohol test.
• No more than 3 moving traffic violations during the previous 36 months.
Benefits and Pay:
• The driver will be home every night.
• Local driving.
• Work at an hourly pay rate of $17/hour. Anything over 40 hours is OT.
• The typical workweek is between 50-60 hours.
• Benefits start after 60 days on the first of the following month.
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• 401 K