Description: AM & PM routes available
Salary/Wage: Regular Education route starting hourly rate $ 18.33 (Credit on salary schedule for prior experience, with a bonus program.)
Essential Functions: Operates vehicle according to policies and practices of the district, maintains interior of vehicle, drives assigned route (by following written directions), completes pre-trip inspection of vehicle, provides written report to supervisor on defect or malfunction, enforces all bus rider rules and regulations.
Requirements of Essential Functions:
- Must be capable on a continuous basis of: sitting, pushing and pulling (up to 20 pounds, right arm while sitting), repetitive movements of right foot (up to 20 pounds force required for pedal), repetitive movement of left foot (up to 114 pounds force required for clutch).
- Must be capable on a occasional basis of: bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, lifting (up to 10 pounds).
- Must be capable of: talking, seeing with both near and far visual acuity, depth perception, color vision, field of vision and hearing. Other necessary worker characteristics include: directing others (children), performing with sustained attention, ability to maintain discipline of children riding on bus and attaining tolerances.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to drive with concentration, maintain behavior on bus, and ability to follow route instructions. Commercial Driver's License.
- Pass DOT physical.
- No more than one moving violation in the past three years.