Transportation Specialist (Driver)Midland Care Connection
We are working to change health care for the better, and looking for experienced, dynamic professionals who want a job that makes a difference. Midland Care is a growth-oriented, not-for-profit organization with nearly 40 years of experience in health care.
We are seeking a Transportation Specialist (driver) in Topeka, Lawrence and Kansas City. Full-Time, Part-Time & PRN schedule options available.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and provide transportation and assistance with patients/clients, under the supervision of the Transportation Coordinator, in accordance with organization policies and procedures and report patient/client needs and concerns to the supervisor. This position is supervised as designated on the agency organizational chart.
Midland Care Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Health insurance for single/spouse/child(ren)/family-Company meets the partial deductible
- Dental Plan & Vision Plan
- Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) *
- Prescription Drug Plan & Free Health/Rx Discount Card
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance *
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Medical Leave & Bereavement Leave (Up to 10 paid days)
- Holiday pay (Six holidays per year)
- 403(b) ERISA Retirement Plan, match provided *
- Free group life and AD&D insurance of $20,000
- Optional voluntary life at group rates
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for ALL employees and dependents *
- Optional long term care insurance
- Corporate Discounts including Findables, local and regional restaurants and attractions
- Paid monthly volunteer time at non-profit organizations
- Employee recognition by discipline, annual dinner and KUDOS Program
- On-site education center to provide CPR Certification and classes that assist in the development and obtaining some CEU credits
- Comprehensive onboarding/orientation
- Leadership Training Program
- Family/Social activities (Fall festival, etc.)
*Available to full-time and part-time employees
Required: Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets the organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required for this position. Due to insurance company requirements, must be 25 years of age or older. Must have one year of experience working with a frail (elderly or disabled) population.
Preferred: Any level of WorkReady! certification through the Kansas WorkKeys program (available through any Kansas Workforce Center).
Midland Care offers a full continuum of health care services focused on helping people age in our community safely and with dignity. Please consider joining our team!
A tobacco and drug-free environment. EOE