CDL Truck Driver - Class A or BMidway Wholesale
Drivers at Midway Wholesale are regular, full-time employees who receive a robust benefits package. They drive local routes and return home at the end of each day.
- Local routes for more time at home on evenings and weekends
- Weekly paydays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Generous Profit-Sharing Plan
- BCBS Medical Insurance
- Delta Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance and AD&D
- Paid Vacation and 7 Paid Holidays, including the Friday after Thanksgiving!
- Safely drives a large commercial truck, with a gross weight of over 26,000 pounds, with manual transmission over a 200-mile radius.
- Stays informed of and follow all Midway Wholesale safety procedures.
- Inspects vehicles daily to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Reports on vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damages in accordance with Midway Wholesale’s safety procedures and policies.
- Secures and inspects loads for proper and safe cargo securement.
- Removes debris from loaded and empty trailers.
- Maintains logs of working hours or vehicle service/repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Reads and interprets maps, directions, and road signs to determine vehicle router.
- Loads and unloads trucks, using specialized equipment as necessary.
- Operates forklifts over rough terrain and hydraulic levers on conveyor trucks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must maintain DOT medical card and pass drug and alcohol screenings in accordance with the Midway Wholesale Drug and Alcohol Program and Policies and DOT requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this position, but should not be considered comprehensive:
• Ability to verbally communicate in a variety of situations.
• Ability to write legibly and clearly.
• Work must be completed with quality and accuracy.
• Ability to work in a team environment and promote a positive attitude toward teamwork.
• Ability to accept and respond to changes in the work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activities include:
• Regularly talking and listening to vendors, customers, and other employees.
• Climbing up and down from the bed of a truck repetitively.
• Climbing a ladder repetitively.
• Ascending and descending a conveyor to a rooftop.
• Lifting material as heavy as 95 pounds from the ground to a truck/conveyor and from conveyor to a rooftop repetitively and safely.
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, and shoving materials as heavy as 95 pounds repetitively.
• Bending, squatting, and stooping repetitively.
• Balancing and walking on a rooftop safely, carrying as much as 95 pounds of material.
• Reaching overhead repetitively.
• Grasping items with two hands repetitively.
These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Applicants must pass a background screening, drug screening, and physical evaluation.
Midway Wholesale is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Work Place.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.