MechanicMinnkota Power Cooperative
Providing Opportunities that Build Great Careers Mechanic Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for a Mechanic responsible for mechanical maintenance at the Milton R. Young Station located near Center, ND.
The position has the following responsibilities:
• Perform installations, maintenance and troubleshooting on all plant systems. Repair, installation and removal of station, pumping stations and yard mechanical equipment, piping, valves, boilers, boiler accessories, turbine generators and auxiliaries, insulation, refractory material, buildings, structures, painting and protective covering, rigging, shop work, brazing, cutting and welding. Repairs large motors, installs bearings, aligns couplings and any necessary machining.
• Read/write job plans, interpret prints and maintenance manuals, analyze data, present information to others, and provide work direction as required.
• Equipment and tools operated include forklift, crane, hoist, come along, sling, Boom lift, machine cutting tools, drill press, precision measuring and alignment tools. Operate, clean, install and maintain all machine shop equipment.
• Primary duties center around preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and maintaining existing operational systems. Prior experience in an electric power plant and/or industrial maintenance is preferred.
• Performs work alone or in conjunction with other employees depending upon the character and nature of the work assignments.
• Performs typical duties and works with maintenance classifications as a composite crew in the normal performance of duties. Individual must have an associate's degree in mechanical maintenance, machinist, welding, diesel mechanic or have equivalent experience.
Minnkota Power Cooperative makes career growth and development a priority by creating a challenging and rewarding work environment.