Customer Delivery SpecialistNalco Water
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Customer Delivery Specialist to join its logistics team. You'll be responsible for providing customer delivery of chemicals. As a department of transportation driving professional, you'll safely operate a diesel, multi-geared bobtail truck/pup and/or tractor- trailer combination vehicle over congested city highways, rolling and mountainous terrain and rural roads. In addition, you'll provide preventative maintenance of any type of vehicle used to deliver chemicals to customers, plants and warehouse locations.
What's in it For You: You'll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits A company vehicle and cell phone Access to training and orientation programs. A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do: Safely operate vehicles to include (not limited to) delivery trucks, tank trunks, over-the-road trucks Load trailers and schedule daily runs to meet customer delivery requirements Maintain truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition at all times by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections. Responsible for accurate up-to-date delivery location maps, and operates in accordance with department of transportation regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials in accordance with homeland security requirements and guidelines. Maintain driver's hours of service by using Qualcomm, Turnpike and/or paper log book reporting. Maintain regular communication with sales and supervisor in order to report field problems and/or safety hazards. Follow Zero Defect Delivery procedures for all delivery assignments Work closely with Nalco's sales team to satisfy customer requirements.
Wear appropriate safety gear at all times during delivery operations. Keep current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills. Recognize and avoid safety hazards in the work environment. As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you're prepared to solve any customer problem. Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
High School diploma or equivalent Possess a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), issued by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant endorsements (X - HazMat & Tanker required) 3 years commercial driving experience, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and department of transportation regulations from the past 5 years required 5 years of an acceptable motor vehicle record Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds. No immigration sponsorship offered for this role.
- Experience operating forklifts, drum dollies, trailer hoists, chemical pumps, hoses, meters, printers and gauge.
- Experience handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, Porta-Feeds and mini/micro-feed units.
- Ability to back straight trucks, semi-trucks and trailers into narrow passages through expensive industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment, compliant with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and department of transportation regulations governing the transportation of hazardous materials.
- The world's leading provider of water treatment and process improvements, Nalco Water partners with customers who seek innovative solutions for water and resource constraints.
- As an Ecolab company, we're perfectly aligned with the corporate vision to be the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technology and services, providing and protecting what is vital.