Transportation Program CoordinatorNorthwest Iowa Community College
Northwest Iowa Community College is a progressive learning college rapidly responding to the global needs of our changing community
Division: Applied Technology and Workforce
Supervisor: Director of Workforce and Economic Development
Basic Function: Coordination and instruction of all Commercial Driving License (CDL) trainings within the Workforce and Economic Development and Applied Technology Departments. The position will also coordinate CDL examinations, as well as other state mandated continuing education programs as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Hold current class A CDL license. Good driving record.
- Obtain DOT CDL examiner certification within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver high quality classroom, in-cab, and on-range instruction which includes skills course monitoring, road course monitoring, and classroom leadership.
- Two years of transportation work experience.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations, safety practices.
- Ability to obtain a motorcycle license for light motorcycle mobility.
Desired Qualities And Characteristics:
1. Ability to plan, organize, and manage time.
2. Project positive personal appearance, behavior, and attitude.
3. Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Basic computer skills.
1. Conduct pre-trip, concourse, and behind the wheel commercial vehicle training for students in preparation for the DOT exam. Teach courses in accordance with objectives of the course outline as set forth by the assigned department.
2. Teach participants to develop skills in necessary competencies to become an entry level truck driver, including but not limited to, shifting, clutching, cornering, backing, driving, coupling, and inspection.
3. Assist in the recruitment, maintaining records (including federal reporting using computerized database), and retention of students.
4. Answer program inquiries and register students in college system and federal database.
5. Responsible for data input and accurate record keeping of course demographics.
6. Assist in the development, organization, and preparation of training materials, lesson plans, supplies, and equipment.
7. Ensures that Northwest Iowa Community College and other vendor equipment, facilities, and supplies are kept clean and in good condition. Oversee and schedule necessary maintenance and repairs.
8. Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets for courses and projects. Assists in development and implementing budget models and pricing for programs. Provides financial analysis of programming measuring fiscal performance.
9. Develop partnerships and assist in writing, execution, and reporting of grants.
10. Maintain knowledge and skills with current industry rules, regulations, and program training requirements.
11. Adheres to DOT, Northwest Iowa Community College, and departmental safety regulations and rules. Maintains the College certification as DOT third party tester site as well as all of the reporting requirements.
12. Respect and treat all participants equally and address any inappropriate behavior promptly and fairly.
13. Coordinate the initiation, development, delivery, and evaluation of State Mandated programs for:
a. School Bus Driver
b. Motorcycle Basic Rider
14. Keep all course offerings in compliance with rules, regulations, and policies related to programming areas and monitor changes continuously for effectiveness and accuracy.
15. Develop and monitor information and data as required for local, state, and federal reporting.
16. Analyze data, recommend improvements, and implement new procedures.
17. Initial publicity to promote programs (brochures, tabloids, news release, radio, and social media).
Wage/Salary Range: $35,000-42,000
Application Closing Date: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Click Apply Today!