Local Delivery Driver/Class A ChemicalNUTRIEN AG SOLUTIONS
Local Delivery Driver/Class A Chemical
Nutrien Ag Solutions (Kearney, Nebraska, USA)
At Nutrien, our purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day. Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, and Australia.
For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; ProvenSeed and Dyna-GroSeed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services. We harvest the best. Diverse views and experiences make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Handles and delivers bulk and packaged fertilizer and chemicals, performs daily vehicle inspections, handles and delivers packaged chemicals, cleans and maintains equipment & other duties as assigned.
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials.
- To unload or assist in unloading trailers by using forklift or hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck with one trailer or straight truck according to state laws.
- To transport loads over the required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Must be able to conduct a standard DOT truck inspection.
- Capable of filling out all company and DOT required paperwork.
- Must be able to fill out shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures, return completed paperwork to the shipping office, and to maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 60 pounds.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, the air in tires, and to report any maintenance malfunctions to the maintenance department.
This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
What you will bring:
- High School diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience.
- Valid driver's license & Current CDL (Class A) required.
- Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements a plus DOT - minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- Must be able to work 40+ hour weeks, including weekends and extended hours during the week.
- Must meet the Department of Transportation's physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in a cab for periods of time when operating a nurse truck.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled.
In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.