Truck Driver / Warehouse Assistant
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT / TRUCK DRIVER
Warehouse Assistants/Truck Drivers are responsible for receiving orders in the warehouse, processing, and delivering equipment and materials to job sites supported by our respective office locations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
This position includes performing various warehouse and driving functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cleaning/organizing the warehouse and yard.
- Inventorying materials and tools.
- Staging deliveries including verifying the contents of the delivery to packing slips against purchase orders.
- General office, building and grounds maintenance.
- Receive and unload deliveries with hand and/or power fork trucks.
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Load, secure, and unload materials, obey highway traffic regulations and execute deliveries in a timely manner as not to delay production on job sites and in the timeline as agreed to with your manager.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on vehicles, keep trucks and associated equipment clean and in good working order, report any mechanical issues immediately.
Required Competencies/Skills (not listed in order of importance):
- NY State Class B Driver's License is preferred, or interested in obtaining one.
- Must pass a background check and/or security clearance.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
- Must pass a drug screen prior to employment; may be subject to random screenings.
- Must understand written and verbal instruction and processes; weights/calculations and communicate verbally and in writing when applicable.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Positive attitude for resolving issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be willing to travel to all job sites under the direction of your manager. Some overnights are required.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain to access equipment, tools, materials, and job site to complete work, and be able to occasionally lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to achieve the goals agreed to that day with your manager. All hours worked over forty (40) hours in a week are considered as overtime and will be paid accordingly.
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.