Collections Driver - Class B CDL with Air Brake EndorsementOccupational Training Center
Job Title: Collections Driver
Location: 2 Manhattan Drive, Burlington Twp., NJ, 0801
Base Pay: $17.87 / Hour
Employee Type: Regular Full Time
Required Degree: High school
Manage Others: No
Summary: The Program Technician-Class B CDL w/air brake endorsement (PT-B-CDL) operates OTC vehicles for the purpose of delivering collection services in a professional and efficient manner.
- Possess a class B commercial driver license with air brake endorsement.
- No DWI or DUI convictions. No MVR points on the driving record within three (3) years of hire date.
- Clean driving and criminal background records.
- Ability to follow written instructions; read and use maps properly and enter information correctly on OTC driver paperwork forms
- Physically and mentally capable of operating a commercial vehicle safely as well as handling the physical demands of sustained sitting, walking and driving in a noisy/outdoor environment.
- Able to perform extensive standing.
- Have no medical conditions or physical limitations that would prevent the lifting of 50 pounds or getting in and out of a collection vehicle on a regular and frequent basis in a safe and efficient manner.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of labor relations, training, truck operations and routing methods, Federal DOT safety regulations and general management skills.
- Possessions of a CDL or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of the hire date.
- Ability to prepare the work force for their field collection duties and ensure that both equipment and staff are maintained to work safely and effectively.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Monday- Friday (occasional Saturdays) (guaranteed overtime)
- Drive and operate a collection vehicle with collection laborers in full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local safety and traffic rules and OTC vehicle operation and safety policies.
- Perform all required Pre-Trip and Post Trip vehicle inspections completely and accurately and report on a timely basis any vehicle operating problems or issues.
- Insure that all collection laborers assisting the PT-B-CDL have and use correctly the appropriate personal protective equipment while the collection vehicle is being operated.
- Follow collection routes and schedules established by the Collection Department and servicing these routes in accordance with OTC collection service procedures.
- Follow properly all procedures for vehicle scaling and unloading at the OTC Materials Recycling Facility.
- Comply promptly and correctly to all instructions from Collection Supervisors or the Collection Manager.
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to any questions from collection service customers.
- Follow correctly and consistently OTC policies for inspecting and rejecting materials that were improperly set-out for collection.
- Communicate promptly and accurately with collection supervisors regarding special collection problems or needs.