Shop Helper / Delivery DriverOERTEL SHEET METAL
SHOP HELPER / DELIVERY DRIVER
Starting at $15/hour
At Oertel Metal Works, our expert craftsman produce quality, custom metal fabrications. Our experience, dependability, and vision have given us the opportunity to work with customers in the mining, rail car, food service, recycling, machining, and material handling industries. Working with Oertel Metal Works means you're working with experts.
We are looking for a quality-minded, hardworking, and reliable Shop Helper / Delivery Driver to work at our location in Davenport, Iowa!
This position will be responsible for performing tasks including, but not limited to:
- Painting and painting prep.
- Using the company vehicle to perform local pickups and deliveries.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Experience using general hand tools.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Valid driver's license.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
We conduct thorough pre-employment background checks, employment history verification, and a pre-employment drug screening. Drug and Alcohol testing is enforced.
Oertel Metal Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Drug and alcohol testing enforced.