Bus Drivers & Mechanic
Okaloosa County School District
Bus Drivers & Mechanic
Insurance & Benefits!
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Maintains a valid Commercial Drivers License.
- Five (5) years experience in management and technical areas or AA degree, preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions.
- Has knowledge of transportation safety regulations.
- Ability to work independently and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to serve as an appropriate role model and trainer for adults and students.
- Ability to do word processing skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend, and carry. Close vision is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise level is moderate.
Job Goal: To assist the Transportation administrators in the efficient operation of the school transportation program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Transportation Administrator in developing and administering a transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily instructional program and extracurricular activities.
2. Takes an active role in solving discipline problems occurring on school buses.
3. Assures compliance with all state laws and regulations regarding school transportation.
4. Attends appropriate committee and staff meetings.
5. Assists in solving transportation problems between bus drivers, parents, and school personnel.
6. Investigates accidents and complaints about traffic violations, and completes the appropriate reports as needed.
7. Conducts safety meetings for the Department.
8. Teaches the Commercial Drivers License training class.
9. Inventories surplus property and organizes auctions.
10. Maintains transportation records on the computer.
11. Conducts training for elementary students.
12. Abides by and facilitates adherence to all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures; maintains professional ethical standards; maintains high level of professional development/knowledge. 13. Other duties as may be (1) temporarily and/or sporadically assigned by the supervisor and/or the Board, (2) permanently reassigned and specific changes noted and signed by the supervisor.
Length of Employment: Twelve months.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy and State laws.