DriversOutwest Drywall Supply
Drivers needed - CDL A&B and reg. Full time, will train.
Driver Job Summary
Driver needed to operate vehicle and transport cargo or passengers. Will have safe driving record, follow all state and national driving laws, rules, and regulations. Will follow prearranged routes to destination, or use maps and GPS to navigate route. Will also maintain vehicle upkeep and cleanliness.
Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Practicing safe driving habits.
- Following all state and national safety regulations and standards.
- Accurately following routes, maps, and directions.
- Opening vehicle doors and assisting passengers/loading cargo/loading baggage.
- Keeping exterior of vehicle clean and presentable.
- Maintaining vehicle equipment; replacing oil, filling gas tank, general motor vehicle maintenance as needed for safety.
- Cleaning windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed.
- Keeping interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter.
- Loading and unloading vehicle.
- If needed, collecting payments, documenting amount, and offering receipts.
- Completing documentation such as logs, mileage, or cargo and passenger reports.
- Following schedules and rerouting in timely manner when faced with traffic or congestion.
Driver Requirements and Qualifications
- Safe driving practices.
- Able to follow verbal directions, read maps, follow GPS.
- Able to work well alone.
- Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties.
- Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to assist passengers when needed.
- Organized and able to follow a schedule.
- Focused on customer service.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience; or knowledge, skills, and mental ability equivalent to 2 years of high school education.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Physically able to lift and carry object up from 30 to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine.
- Previous professional experience driving preferred; training may be provided.
- Able to work night, weekends, and holidays as needed.