Class A CDL Driver
Palmer Candy is looking for a Class A CDL Driverarehouse Forklift Team Member. Hours for this position are 6:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday, with overtime hours scheduled Friday and Saturday as needed. Who is Palmer Candy? The Palmer Candy Company is a progressive, innovative, fast growing company making and selling a broad array of confections in a surprising number of markets. Nationally, we participate in almost all market segments and are one of the top suppliers in more than a few categories including bakery confections, private label bagging, bulk chocolates, and contract manufacturing. Who are We? The Palmer family has been making candy together since 1878! We are proud of our unique history that is highlighted by five generations of family ownership and management. As a Team, we have continued to grow together, sharing in one another's triumphs, learning from our mistakes, and enjoying more than a few good laughs. We enjoy challenging convention and achieving success by delivering to our customers outstanding service, innovative programs, and terrific products. Why work for us? Palmer Candy has developed a culture where we treat our Team Members like family. Palmer Candy offers a full range of benefits to our Team Members.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Short Term Disability
• 401(k) with company match
• PTO Essential
Job Functions: This role assists with the delivery, loading, and unloading of supply shipments, inventory, and other courier related services within Sioux City. This Team Member will work within established guidelines and standards to ensure the highest quality of transportation/courier service satisfaction is being met in a safe and clean environment.
• Operate a company owned semi-truck delivering product between plants located in Sioux City, Iowa.
• Operate forklift and electric pallet jack.
• Safely and effectively load and unload products from trailers.
• Assist in the arrangement of stock in warehouse and the delivery of items to appropriate departments and/or locations.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Prepare supplies, products and shipments for transportation.
• Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations.
• Perform simple maintenance or cleaning.
• Maintain appropriate inventory counts of products.
• Correctly record lot numbers, date codes and other product information required for shipments
• Ability to interact with all functions within the plant and the ability to work directly with individuals at all levels and functions.
• Ability to work overtime as needed and as required.
• Ability to maintain acceptable standards of conduct.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or management.
• Must have a valid Class A CDL with a clean driving record.
• Minimum of 1 year of driving experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Computer literacy skills.
• Knowledge of health and safety protocols in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to problems solve.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
• Lift up to 40 – 50 pounds occasionally and 5 – 30 pounds frequently.
• Continual lifting or carrying.
• Possible exposure to minor burns or cuts
• Sitting/standing for long periods of time with the ability to quickly move on and off a forklift
• Repetitive motion and fast paced movement
• Continual use of hands and feet to handle, control or feel objects/gears
• Continual jarring movements from the loading and unloading of trailers.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties.