Driver ManagerPaper Transport
Jacksonville, FL Full-time
Posted on August 29, 2018
The Driver Manager manages a fleet of 30-40 drivers and focuses on achieving on-time service, top MPG results in the division, high retention rate, and best practices for an overall high-performing team.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information, and anticipate the consequences (good and bad). Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience; ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: Working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others. Know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
WORK LIFESTYLE YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Creating a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up, not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 or more years of transportation experience working with drivers preferred
- High degree of computer experience
- High School Education
- Associates Degree
Preferred Education: Business Degree
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Company Paid Life Insurance
- HSA qualified medical insurance plan
- Generous PTO policy and paid holidays
- On-Site health clinic in the Green Bay area free to our employees and tax dependents
- 401k with up to 3% match (after 1 year of employment)
- Bonus potential