Diesel Truck Mechanic
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Penelec at our Lewistown District Office, 12785 Ferguson Valley Road, Lewistown, PA 17044, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [PN]
The duties and responsibilities for the position Garage Mechanic 1st Class are as follows:
Under direct or general supervision, regularly and customarily inspects, repairs, and maintains all types of the company's transportation units and their parts and accessories. This includes any of the following, with other related and incidental work:
1. Performs any or all of the most difficult repairs, replacements, and adjustments to automotive parts, assemblies, and equipment, including auxiliary apparatus such as air compressors, door mechanisms, windshield wipers, electrical systems, and so on.
2. Rebuilds and repairs truck bodies and cabs, seats, bumpers, and other attachments.
3. Operates power tools and does incidental welding in connection with the performance of major duties.
4. Is responsible for the proper clerical record of all work accomplished and parts and supplies used.
5. Directs and instructs those assigned to assist.
6. Makes roadside repairs when necessary.
7. On night shift, checks water, oil, and tire pressure of all vehicles being prepared for use on the following day.
8. Must have not less than one (1) years’ experience as a Garage Mechanic Second Class or equivelant.
In addition to the above and other related duties of similar grade, a Garage Mechanic First Class may be assigned to any other work of equal or lesser skill within the capabilities of the individual, to meet emergencies or other operating needs.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.