DRIVER (Class A or B) / WAREHOUSE WORKERPeralta Community College District
Peralta Community College District
DRIVER (Class A or B) / WAREHOUSE WORKER
Salary Range: $3,459 - $4,201/Month Hiring Range: $3,459 - $3,811/Month
The Peralta Colleges proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive core of work-life benefits. The value of the employer contribution towards your benefits may increase your total compensation by as much as 47%. Benefit-eligible employees have access to coverage for themselves and eligible dependents:
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision the Warehouse Worker-Driver performs journey-level work in receiving, storing, issuing and delivery of school materials and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Receives, marks, stores, issues, tags, picks up, assembles, and delivers District supplies and equipment to campuses, the District Administrative Center, and satellite sites.
• Unloads incoming trucks at the warehouse and loads trucks for delivery to campuses, District Office and satellite sites.
• Delivers District mail.
• Delivers Board packets to Board members.
• Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
• Stores incoming stock items in warehouse.
• Checks and maintains stock levels.
• Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in proper storage.
• Maintains inventory procedures.
• Moves furniture from one work site to another work site.
• Performs clerical work in the receipt of shipping supplies and equipment to ensure accuracy in delivery.
• Ensures security of goods materials and supplies.
• Checks items against purchase orders and invoices.
• Places supplies and equipment in proper storage and maintains inventory procedures.
• Picks up and delivers to campuses such items as donated items from various sources.
• Picks up and delivers frozen and fresh food commodities to Children’s Centers as needed.
• Picks up recycling materials on a weekly basis.
• Maintains records; completes forms.
• Assembles and makes minor repairs to equipment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Two (2) years of experience in a warehouse in receiving, storing and issuing materials, equipment and supplies, including the operation of a truck for delivery and pickup of orders OR an equivalent combination of training and qualifying experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
2. LICENSE: Possession of a valid Class A or B Commercial California Operator’s License. Must provide a copy of current driving record issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. (Must be insurable under the Peralta Community College District’s current automobile insurance policy.) YOU CAN UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR DRIVING RECORD IN THE TRAINING/CERTIFICATION SECTION
3. Applicant must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff, faculty, and students.
• warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and delivery documents and the use and meaning of each.
• supplies associated with and used by various campuses and offices.
• methods used in receiving; storing, issuing and keeping records of supplies and equipment.
• safety procedures involved in lifting and transporting of heavy supplies and equipment.
• heavy vehicle operations and California Vehicular Code.
• computers, bar-coding, and electronic mail.
• follow oral and written directions and to keep simple records.
• perform clerical work in receipt of shipping of supplies and equipment.
• apply appropriate safety practices in the performance of heavy manual labor.
• operate a delivery truck and other warehouse equipment safely; assemble and repair equipment.
• establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the working environment.
• maintain accurate inventory and clerical records.
• operate a computer.
To apply for this position, please visit our career site at: https://peraltaccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/3841
We are an EOE