Bus DriversPlacer County
Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART) provides safe and direct means of transportation service for North Lake Tahoe residents and visitors. TART is committed to providing comprehensive and reliable transit service to its passengers along with a comfortable and pleasant ride in and around the beautiful Lake Tahoe area.
This is the entry level class in the Bus Driver series. This class is distinguished from the journey by the performance of the more routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within this series. Employees at this level are not expected to perform with the same independence of direction and judgment on matters allocated to the journey level. Since this class is typically used as a training class, employees may have only limited or no directly related work experience. Employees work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks.
Current TART Bus Driver Vacancies:
Two (2) Permanent Part Time & Three (3) Permanent Full Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefited Positions
- CalPERS Pension
- Salary plus additional $825 per month Tahoe subsistence pay (See Website)
Several Extra Help / Temporary
- Eligible for transition to Permanent assignments
Experience: No related experience is required.
Training: Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
License or Certificate:
- Possession of valid CPR and First Aid certificates is desirable.
- Possession of a valid Class C, and the ability to obtain a valid Commercial Class A or B, driver’s license, or the equivalent, with passenger endorsement and no air brake restrictions as required by the position. Proof of adequate vehicle insurance and medical clearance may also be required.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a Verification of Transit Training (VTT) certificate issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles, or the equivalent training to operate a public transit vehicle in passenger service prior to the completion of the probationary period.
Placer County is an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.