Bus Driver Poquoson City Public Schools
Has a high school diploma or the equivalent; is at least 21 years of age; possesses a valid Virginia Commercial Driver’s License with school bus endorsement (air brakes); has a medical certificate; has obtained Driver Training Certification and maintains an excellent driving record without a moving traffic violation within two years. Qualified applicants must submit to and pass an Alcohol and Drug Test as required by law. Completion of defensive driving course and multimedia first aid prior to employment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of State highway operating rules and procedures. • Competent in the proper use of all equipment used for transporting special needs students.
• Ability to operate all vehicle types used in transporting students.
• Ability to communicate effectively with bus drivers, school administrators, school staff and parents.
• Ability to operate radio communication. • Ability to deal with exuberant behavioral characteristics of youthful riders.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and student matters.
• Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, and reach when working with students, staff and buses and to lift 40 pounds unassisted.