Regional Transportation Coordinator
Regional Transportation Coordinator
February 1, 2021
Puget Sound Educational Service District and the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) seek a Regional Transportation Coordinator (RTC) to provide technical assistance, information, and training as the subject matter expert regarding the provision of pupil transportation. Activities will include conducting public awareness activities, approving school districts’ funding requests, and assisting OSPI in the management and coordination of statewide programs and managing the region's program. PSESD and OSPI support a healthy work/life balance by offering flexible work schedules and telework options. This position is an integral part of the OSPI Student Transportation team and works closely with other RTCs and OSPI staff in supporting the safe transportation of Washington state students. RTCs serve on multiple committees and attend conferences as leaders in the transportation industry while representing Washington state.
PSESD is one of nine regional educational agencies serving school districts and state approved charter and private schools in Washington. Serving over 39% of Washington’s K-12 public school students, our agency provides critical services designed to ensure that our students are ready to enter school, achieve at high levels in the K-12 system, and succeed in postsecondary endeavors. We are committed to becoming an Antiracist Multicultural Organization driven by equity in education. To learn more about PSESD, visit www.psesd.org/about-psesd.
- Bachelor's degree in job related area or completion of the CWU Pupil Transportation Management Training Program. Substantial job-related experience may substitute for BA Degree or completion of the CWU Pupil Transportation Management Training Program
- Current Washington State driver’s license and insurance
- Minimum five years supervisory experience in pupil transportation
- Understanding and experience with all student transportation funding, including Student Transportation Allocation Reporting System (STARS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences
- Knowledge of established RCWs, WACs and OSPI requirements pertaining to pupil transportation
- Experience working and leading in a collaborative environment
- Ability to travel nights and weekends
- Experience in determining district transportation needs
- Experience interpreting and communicating transportation philosophies
- Experience developing and implementing public awareness activities
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets
Please note, applicants should describe their experience meeting minimum qualifications (and preferred qualifications if applicable) in cover letter and resume as part of the application and salary placement process. Unofficial transcripts are required as part of a complete application.
Location: Pacific, Washington
Job Type: Full-time, Year-'Round
Salary: $86,535 - $113,541 Annually (Salary Band N)
We attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary offers consider candidate qualifications, experience and internal equity.
We offer comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 24 annual leave days per year
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- Participation in Washington State Department of Retirement System
- Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan
- Subsidized ORCA card
- Free parking
- Electric Car Charging Stations (Renton office)
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by Sunday, February 28, 2021. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for March 9 or March 10 via videoconference.
Jobs are listed here for information only. To apply for a specific open position, you must be a registered applicant in the Fast Track Application System and apply specifically for each position for which you wish to be considered.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply.
800 Oakesdale Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057