Mechanic #10CU02112019Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (REC) is a progressive member owned utility with a service area that spreads from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. REC serves over 165,000 connections in portions of 22 Virginia counties. REC has a job opening for the position of Mechanic in Culpeper, Virginia.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience with automotive gasoline and or diesel maintenance and repair, to include general shop experience with welding, electrical, A/C, computer, and hydraulic repairs.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience preferred.
- Technical experience working in an automotive service center also preferred.
- Certifications in any or all of these fields is preferred.
- Must possess an effective knowledge of the care and maintenance of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, power tools, and other equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of keeping maintenance records, use of shop equipment, hydraulic tools, and personal hand tools is required.
- Strong knowledge of the Cooperative safety rules is required.
- A current license as a Certified Inspector Mechanic by Department of State Police of the Commonwealth of Virginia is required or must be obtained with six months of hire.
- Must be able to perform repairs and maintenance on all vehicles and equipment in a shop, as well as in the field.
- Must be skilled and able to diagnose vehicle and other equipment problems with the use of various shop equipment.
- Be proficient in the use of all shop equipment such as, mig welders, electric arc welder, gas welder, computer diagnostic equipment, drill press, band saw, etc.
- Must have a valid Virginia Commercial Driver's license, Class A.
- Must have the ability to work with a Fleet Management software system to enter and close out work orders.
- Must be available in emergency situations as required.
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Occasional out of town technical seminars and conferences can be expected.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.