System Inspector #11BG02122019Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (REC) is a progressive member owned utility with a service area that spreads from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. REC serves over 165,000 connections in portions of 22 Virginia counties. REC has a job opening for the position of System Inspector in Bowling Green, Virginia. High School Diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma) required. Two (2) years' experience with meter reading systems and a strong general knowledge of REC geographic service areas.
- A good general knowledge of REC electric facilities preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of the cooperative's policies and procedures as they relate to collections, disconnections, re connections, transfer orders, and restoration of electrical power.
- Must know REC's mapping system. Must know basic electricity.
- Must possess basic computer skills, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint as required by job responsibilities.
- Must maintain a valid Virginia Driver's License.
- Must be able to operate iPad and PC computer equipment.
- Must be able to read REC electronic maps.
- Must be able to execute supporting documents for meter reading, meter changes, collection, and disconnection and re connection activities.
- Must be able to work and communicate well with customers.
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Job requires constant exposure to traffic, dust, and all types of domestic animals.
Overtime is frequently required for evening, weekends, and holiday work.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.