Truck DriverRocky Mountain Contractors
Helena, MT Full-time
Posted on June 23, 2019
|Company:||Rocky Mountain Contractors, Inc.||Department:||Fleet|
|Location:||Helena, MT||Hiring Manager:||William J Caffyn|
|Closing Date:||07/11/2019 at 11:59pm CDT||Job Type:||Full-Time|
|Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Under the general supervision of the Fleet Manager, responsible for the transportation of equipment and materials needed at various job sites both in state and out of state.|
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education with training. Maintaining a Valid (Class A) Interstate Commercial Drivers License with current medical exam card is required. Must be nowledgeable of safety practices and procedures, as well as DOT regulations. Willingness to travel both inside and out side of Montana is a requirement of this position.|
|Key Skills & Competencies|
|Considerable knowledge of use, load securing and load distribution of equipment used in power line construction. Knowledge of DOT regulations with regards to load securing and distribution is mandatory. Ability to maintain all DOT required logs and paperwork is needed. Working knowledge of long distance trucks for basic road repair as well as mechanical knowledge for fill in at local shop as needed.|
|1. Transport equipment and obtains as necessary, all moving permits, licenses, titles, safety checks, etc. as required by corporate policy, state or federal regulations, or client requirements.
2. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures and DOT regulations.
3. Perform minor emergency road service.
4. Perform inspections on truck before and after trips.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
6. Provides support to Company mechanics and may perform light mechanical work as needed. Light mechanical work may include but not limited to welding, basic maintenance, vehicle servicing and other mechanical tasks.
7. Perform additional assignments as requested.
|Wage is DOE and includes a very competitive benefit package.
RMC is a Drug Free employer.
Background & MVR check required. Pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer.