Fleet Service TechnicianRuan
FLEET SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Des Moines, IA
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Ruan was founded during a very challenging time. It was the Great Depression. John Ruan's father had passed away, and someone needed to provide for the family. So, despite the risk, the 18-year-old sold his family's car, bought a truck and began hauling gravel around Iowa. Ruan Transportation Management Systems was born.
Today, more than 84 years after that first load of gravel was shoveled by hand, Chairman John Ruan III and CEO Ben McLean—part of the third generation of the Ruan family—continue to operate and lead according to the principles set down by Mr. Ruan: integrity, hard work, innovation, quality customer service and compassion. Ruan continues to research and develop innovations in technology, equipment and safety. And, we're leading the transportation industry's effort to improve its environmental profile.
Whatever the challenge, we're committed to finding new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Our mission is to employ the best team in the industry to move our customers' business safely, efficiently and on time, every time.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Guaranteed 40 hour work week!
- Performing routine preventative maintenance inspections!
- $25 per hour!
- Paid Training with opportunity for advancement!
- Completing state and federal inspections!
- Diagnosing mechanical problems using charts, technical manuals, diagnostic equipment and experience!
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school preferred (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to pass Ruan certification tests.
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Transmission, engine and diagnostic experience required.
- Welding experience preferred.
Ask us about our Top Tech competition! Hands on competition where the top 10 qualifiers are flown to Des Moines, IA to compete in the finals. Based on eleven skill stations and ranked on predetermined actions, we then send the top three qualifiers to the TMC Super Tech national competition!