Area Vehicle Maintenance - Ohio OpportunityRumpke
Parkersburg, WV Full-time
Posted on April 25, 2019
Area Fleet Maintenance Manager Opportunity in Ohio!
Rumpke is seeking an experienced Area Fleet Maintenance Manager to join the team!
- Provides leadership to Region Maintenance Managers at multiple locations. Will oversee schedule work for employees, monitors budgeted and DOT hours, track employee attendance, vacation and leave schedules.
- Works in unity with Area team to provide single message approach to all employee and location matters. (Sales, Human Resources, Safety, Customer Service and IT)
- Facilitates presentations and meeting topics to various groups throughout the area. (Drivers, Mechanics, Vendors and Corporate staff)
- Establishes average fleet age by line of business and advises Regional Vice President on fleet age and changes to fleet – works to provide desired equipment daily.
- Maintains relationship with each Regional Vice President with a shared goal of providing best customer service throughout the region.
- Performs monthly audits of PM’s, road calls, warranty and parts inventory monthly turns per location.
- Ensures all work performed by staff is completed in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Manages the maintenance staff, including hiring, training, scheduling work assignments, performance management, discipline, and authorization of overtime.
- Regularly communicates with operations and others regarding the status of fleet vehicles, containers and/or other equipment.
- Ensures maintenance department maintains quality and safety standards.
- Controls maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control, and outsourcing of repairs.
- Establishes yearly truck purchases for both commercial and district truck purchases.
- Builds and maintains truck and container expense and capital budget in cooperation with Regional Vice President and Regional Maintenance Manager in each region.
- Establishes truck refurbishment schedule and works with Norwood facility to plan and budget repairs throughout each calendar year.
- Works with Corporate Fleet Manager to write and sustain best maintenance practices throughout the company.
- Identifies trends in road calls, break downs, and shop hours and respond appropriately.
- Responsible for monitoring vehicle inspections and repairs for DOT compliance.
- Reviews work orders and tracks and maintains proper parts inventory.
- Responsible for managers that watch over all garage operation paperwork flow and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Ensures shop safety compliance and DOT compliance is maintained at each location.
- Conducts investigations for accidents and injuries.
- Controls maintenance costs in accordance with budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Prefer qualifications of maintenance manager.
- Refuse business experience.
- P&L experience.
- Budget preparation experience.
- Class B CDL preferred.
- Multiple site management experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of diesel powered, heavy vehicle, hydraulics and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Familiarity with use Microsoft word and excel.
- Must have knowledge of welding and managing container inventory.
- Must be willing to work weekends or holidays.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, solve problems, and prioritize work.
- Experience with parts inventory and keep accurate records a plus.
- Efficient record keeping and organizational skills.QUALIFICATIONS.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver’s license, CDL preferred.
- Must not have any DUI’s, within the last 5 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, and safety training.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, and night shift if/when needed.
- Moderate exposure to noise, heat, dust and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- May be exposed to various weather elements.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities