Mechanic Shop TechnicianRuston Paving Company
Ruston Paving Co., Inc., a commercial paving and site work contractor in Durham, has a job opening for a full-time mechanic/shop technician.
Applicants living in the Triad area will also be considered as transportation can be provided from our Greensboro division.
In addition to Durham, Ruston Paving, which has been in business since 1943, operates divisions in Greensboro, NC; Manassas, Virginia; and Syracuse, Rochester and Watertown, NY. Our innovative and growth oriented organization provides a culture of teamwork where outstanding performance is encouraged, recognized and rewarded.
Mechanic would be responsible for:
· Preventive maintenance on all fleet vehicles and construction equipment
· Troubleshooting and determining causes of operating problems
· Making necessary repairs, modifications, and upgrades to mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems for gasoline and diesel fueled equipment and vehicles
· Must have experience in diesel and gas engine diagnosis and repair
· Must have working knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems
· Welding and fabrication skills would be a plus
· CDL would be valuable
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong time management and organization skills
· Able to research and order parts
· Able to handle service road calls
· Self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment
· Reliability and dependability are a must
Potential candidates must also pass a drug test, motor vehicle records check and criminal background check.
Wages are based on experience. Compensation package will also include:
· 401(k) with Company Matching
· Group Health Insurance
· Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance
· Company Issued and Laundered Uniforms
· Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
· Potential for Year End and Safety Bonus
EOE, M/F/H/V. All inquiries confidential.
Please apply online by clicking on the link above to visit the employment section of our website.