Truck Driver & Diesel MechanicSavage Towing
Savage Services Now Hiring:
Full Time Truck Driver with Class A CDL.
- Partner with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities
- Fuel and clean trucks; perform pre and post-trip inspections, complete paperwork, and reviews communication board
- Ensure that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards
- Report maintenance issues to the maintenance crew
- Understand critical service requirements and see they are met
- Maneuver and connect heavy hoses
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Complete required paperwork, i.e., manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports, and basic knowledge of DOT regulations
- Interact with other Savage and customer management and personnel on a daily basis.; understand customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Occasionally assist other operations on a temporary basis
- Responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition it was when assigned to them and for reporting equipment damage or deficiencies immediately
Full Time Diesel Mechanic High school education or GED required.
- Perform routine services
- Diagnose problems
- Maintain appropriate records
- Change/adjust brakes, change/mount tires, grease the CMVs, repair/replace lights, check/fill gear boxes, change oil/filter, check/change wheel bearings, change springs, clutch adjustment/replacement,
- Understand/repair air brake system
- Understand/repair steering components
- Steam-clean tractor/trailer units and other general cleanup duties such as the shop and grounds area along with the Soda unloading system, etc.
- Lead preventative maintenance practices for the facility
- Ensures all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensures proper safety rules, maintenance and operating procedures
- Identify, procure and maintain critical parts for the facility and system
- Manage spare parts inventory and ensure that necessary amounts of inventory are in stock to reduce any delays or failures
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.