Garage Helper #9581Snohomish County PUD #1
Performs minor repairs & maintenance in the Transportation department. This position is a step progression position with time requirements and with more responsibility assigned as experience is gained. Progression does not require a bid, but it is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation. The incumbent will be required to supply their own complete set of tools.
- Two years mechanical experience in automotive or truck repair shop or equivalent (service station work does not qualify).
License or Certification:
- Valid Washington State Driver's License.
- Obtain a Valid Washington State Washington State Commercial Drivers License (Class A) within 90 days of date of hire.
- Obtain a First Aid card and CPR training.
- Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments in varying weather conditions.
- Employees risk physical hazard from working on and around heavy and light duty vehicles and equipment.
- Some exposure to chemicals for cleaning and painting parts.
- Some exposure to fumes from welding and grinding on metal.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy tools, equipment and vehicle parts in excess of 120 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work on varying shifts and long hours as storm and emergency conditions dictate.
- Subject to 24 hour call-out emergency conditions.
- Current CDL & ASE Certification.
- Automotive technical school.
BENEFITS: Complete benefits plan and retirement program.
Snohomish County PUD #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.