Journeyman MechanicSnohomish County PUD #1
$38.37 / Hour
Works with and coordinates the activities of apprentices and other Garage employees; and performs construction, servicing, maintenance, overhaul, and repair on all types of vehicles, mounted equipment, portable equipment and construction equipment, all under the direction of the Garage Manager or Foreman
- Journeyman Mechanic with 5 years experience in a dealer shop or equivalent
- Experience as a Utility Mechanic
- Obtain a valid Washington State Commercial Driver's License (Class A) within 90 days of date of hire.
- Obtain a CPR First Aid card.
- Pass pre-placement physical exam (to be done after verbal job offer).
- Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments in varying weather conditions.
- Employees risk physical hazard from working on and around heavy and light duty vehicles and equipment.
- Some exposure to chemicals for cleaning and painting parts.
- Some exposure to fumes from welding and grinding on metal.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy tools, equipment and vehicle parts in excess of 120 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work on varying shifts and long hours as storm and emergency conditions dictate.
- Subject to 24 hour call-out emergency conditions.
Complete benefits plan and retirement program.
Snohomish County PUD #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.